Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Carrie Delisio

With Carrie at my going away party in November.
Guess what today is? Today is the birthday of the one, the only Carrie Delisio! For Carrie, birthdays are at least a weeklong event, if not a monthlong celebration. In my mind, it's a national holiday!

Thus, a note of singing... Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dearest most wonderful Carrie, Happy Birthday to YOU!

I met Carrie during my first week at Herndon UMC in June 2009. She was one of the college kids, and we were destined to be best pals. Throughout that first summer, we drank coffee, we ate so many meals, and the best part about her was that I didn't have to say goodbye to her...her school was in town. Coffees and cookies soon turned into beers and fried green beans. Texting turned into to skyping, tweeting, and phone calling. Sunday sightings turned into midweek gatherings. It's safe to say that I never went long without hanging out with Carrie.

Girls Night at Melting Pot
Carrie is a friend, a sister, a confidant, a partner in crime, and a party buddy. She is my sanity in the midst of chaos, and my accountability partner...when I need one! I can share a secret with her, and it stays locked up. I can share a cookie with her, and she makes sure I have half. She's a baseball and hockey fanatic, which in my mind, makes her the perfect gal. Most of all, I can act extremely silly around her and be myself...and she is OKAY with that. She celebrated my 30th birthday with me...twice! She was the host of my New Years Eve party! In essence, it was not a celebration unless Carrie was there. Could you ask for any more in a friend? I can't.

I miss Carrie everyday now that I'm in Vegas. After spending so much time together over the year and a half, it feels strange not to have pull up in front of my office to go on an adventure. Thank goodness for Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and phone calls. Rarely does a day go by that we don't communicate somehow, some way. And one day, she will visit Vegas...
The city will never be the same!

So Carrie, Happy Birthday. I love you so much, and I am so thankful for you and our friendship. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without you...and I hope I never have to find out!

And iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... 

My 30th Birthday 
One of the many dates at UNO
In Costa Rica
On the bus to San Isidro











1 comment:

  1. I love you!! Brought some major tears to my eyes! Happy ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet