Thursday, February 3, 2011

Reading Glasses

Today marked a milestone in my life... It was time to pull out the reading glasses. I had worn these in college when I was doing massive reading, but since graduation, I had not needed to wear them. Well, after daily headaches and eye strain, I went deep into my closet and pulled out my old trusty pair. The ear piece was a bit chewed up by my dog, but the lenses provided hours of strain-free reading.

With close to three quarters of the US population wearing glasses, I suppose I should feel in good company. After all, I posted on Facebook that I had indeed pulled out the glasses and received an outpouring of support, though some were ready to put me in bifocals!

As I wore the glasses today, I even felt smarter and had a renewed perseverance in finishing my work! I am so thankful for a ache-free day of learning! God bless reading glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet