Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fingerprinting

The Hogans filled me with encouragement and sent me off with a hugs and good luck wishes after breakfast. It left me with a smile on my face for the day ahead. I was so thankful to have spent time with the family. It was exactly what I needed, and I miss them already!

The board interview went superbly. After yesterday's inquisition, this was a breeze! I mainly sat, listened, and responded when necessary. When the Chaplain patted me on the back and said, "Welcome to the Navy," I took it as a good sign! I was very thankful to have spent time with him and learn from his years of service. 

My recruiter took me to another base to finish processing my paperwork/packet and security clearance. To top it off, I got to play with ink! Yes, after three full tries, I gave a good set of fingerprints, smudge-free! I mean really...have you ever been fingerprinted? It requires intense concentration to "let the ink do the work", not to press too hard, and lift without smudging. Who knew?! 

The next steps should be far easier and quicker than the methodical, slow steps over the last several months. Without putting the cart before the horse, I am so thankful and excited that this dream is becoming a reality... It looks to be "smudge-free!"


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet