Sunday, February 20, 2011

Prayer Partners

Every mission trip I have been on, the most important thing I take with me is my Prayer Partner. They don't physically go with me, but this one person is tasked to pray for me each and everyday while I am away. This is not always an easy task, as I often find myself in sticky situations or random emergency rooms! But I can't tell you the joy it brings to me knowing that wherever I am or whatever I am doing, someone is praying for me. It strengthens my spirit and gives me the encouragement to face whatever the day brings.  And, the prayer goes both ways. While I am on the trip, I pray for my designated prayer partner.

I have had great prayer partners over the years -- my husband, my parents, pastors I work with, pastors I listen to, and amazing, wise youth. Last year, as I ventured on six trips, I felt as though I was constantly covered in prayer. They have filled me with cards and candies to uplift me physically, and words of wisdom to carry me through the day.

Two weeks from today, I will embark on one of my more lengthy mission trips. Destination: Haiti... of course. This time, there is a small team of three going to install FIVE clean water systems. We will be in Leogane and Jacmel. We are excited, a tad nervous, and resting up to prepare for long work days.

Our trips dates are March 6-25. Since this is a long period, much longer than the usual week-long mission trip, I thought it might be nice to have several prayer partners. Perhaps even have a different prayer partner for each day! Maybe this is something you'd like to participate in? If so, leave a comment, or text or email me, and let me know which day you would like for me to pray for YOU!  And vice versa... Just choose a date!

Together we will fill Haiti and five clean water systems with prayer!

Acts 1:14
They all joined together constantly in prayer...

2 comments:

  1. You know me, Ashley- I want to make a big splash!~ So if "opening day" (March 6) is available, I'll take it. And if you want me to do more than one, just let me know. I'm praying for you now as you prepare for this awesome mission. And you can pray for me anytime- I always need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on, Carl! March 6 it is! Thank you so much! It'll be an honor to pray for you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet