Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mama Jan

Proverbs 23:25
May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful!


When I need to get the word out about a Living Waters project in Haiti, Mama Jan is my publicist. If I ever decide to run for public office, Mama Jan would be my campaign manager. She is the official fundraiser for all of my projects. According to my mom, I can do anything, anywhere, anytime. Everyone needs a Mama Jan in their life...someone who is a constant cheerleader and thinks the world of you. 


Yesterday, when I called Mama Jan to tell her of my spectacular day in San Diego, she was jumping off the wall with excitement. She was singing Navy songs, calling me "Ensign", and already online buying a "Navy Mom" sweatshirt! (Not really, but I know she will!) I can't tell you how great that makes me feel! To share of something great in your life is one thing. To have someone so excited for you that they're doing backflips, too, is pure joy. Just like birthdays and Christmas, she turns the smallest of accomplishments into a national holiday. 


I am thankful that no matter what, I have a great cheerleader on my side to support me through thick and thin. Everybody needs a Mama Jan in their life!  She is the rejoicer and the giver of joy, and for her I am thankful.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog!!

    I loved what you wrote about your Mama Jan---but it made me a bit sad also since I miss my biological "Mama Jan" who passed (PBUH) when I was quite young ;-( If she was here she would have cheered me up like your Mama Jan--I am sure she watches me & hope the things I do make her happy.

    Bro-Mudassar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mudassar! I know your mama is looking down on you and smiling! You make all of us proud!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet