Friday, February 18, 2011

"Ashley Days"

For the past seven days, I've had my nose in a book and writing lengthy pages on the Apostle John and Augustine of Hippo. I'm trying desperately to get ahead in my classes so that I can take all of next week to spend time with Clint, Arlene & Michael! After seven days of nonstop reading and writing, my eyes were bugging out and my head was overflowing with information. Nothing was absorbing anymore. It was time for a break.

That break came today, and what a great day it has been. After a run this morning, a cup of coffee and oatmeal, and a nice amount of quiet time, I have done absolutely nothing. I've chatted with my dear friend, Kathy, and another great friend from Houston, Todd, and my heart is filled with friendship and love.

It reminded me that even though I'm unemployed, I still need days to devote to filling my cup back up and recharging my batteries. Tomorrow when I wake up, it'll be back the grindstone... But today, today is filled with quiet.

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet