Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Libraries

I am very thankful for public libraries! I've always been a fan of libraries. When they built the new library in High Point way back when, I quickly found my spot on the second floor to have quiet time or write a paper. Even at Appalachian,I loved sitting in a quiet corner to study. Libraries, despite the smell of old, mothbally books, are comfortable and like a second home! You can get lost in an old, favorite book or browse the stacks for hours!

The last couple of days I have ventured out into Las Vegas and found a second home. The Henderson library is beautiful. They say it's under renovation, but you can hardly tell. I have claimed a table by the wall of windows overlooking the mountains. It's a gorgeous view and can be a bit distracting, as I often find myself gazing and daydreaming. However, it's quiet and nice and when I need a break, there are tons of books to look thru!

This library makes it feel like I'm actually in school without a physical school to go to. In fact, in the last two days, I've met two other seminary students! It prompts me to be more productive since I don't have the distractions of home around me.

I love libraries, especially this one, and I'm thankful to call it a home away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet