Wednesday, February 9, 2011

UNC-Duke Rivalry




Today should have been declared a national holiday! Any day UNC plays Duke should be an official day off. There was no school work accomplished, none of my chores completed... All day, I counted the hours until the biggest rivalry game in the history of college basketball.

Sure, UNC is a young team. Sure, UNC has lost the last two in the series. Sure, we only have one point guard now that the other point guard up and transferred. BUT...it's still UNC versus Duke, and I will be cheering "TAR"..."HEELS"...for the next two hours!

My dear hubby is gone, and thus, I am left to watch the game on my own. Yes, I could have ventured out to any of the local sports arenas to catch the game...  However, I tend to be a little rowdy and emotional when it comes to UNC basketball. Thus, the beer has been chilled, the pizza has been ordered, the 60-inches of high definition is auto-tuned to ESPN... I am READY! It doesn't get better than this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet