Monday, January 31, 2011

San Diego

Today has been full of thanksgiving! It was an early morning, yet again, with an amazing sunrise on the way to San Diego. This trip served two big purposes. The first was to meet with my Navy recruiters and have a big interview. The second was to spend time with one of my favorite families from northern Virginia! It has been a spectacular day!

When I pulled up to the pizza restaurant for lunch and four beautiful kids came running up, I was completely filled with joy and gratitude. I love the Hogan Family so much and they made today perfect! We went to the beach, raced to the ocean and chased sea gulls! We ate ice cream, watched the waves and searched for bathrooms! There were magic tricks and fun stories. There was catching up and lots of laughter. Ah! Could it have been a more perfect day with wonderful people? I really don't think so!

Ah yes, life is good, God is great, and I am so thankful for a day full of love in beautiful San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet