Friday, January 21, 2011

Clint & Arlene

Today was filled with excitement. The first week of school has passed, even though I felt behind for most of it. For the moment, I have several items checked off the to-do list, especially where LWW is concerned! To top it all off, there is a Tim Tebow special on ESPN, which has me feeling much gratitude.

However, what I am most thankful for today is an hour long Skype chat with Clint & Arlene. It was wonderful to catch up, to hear their voices, and to see their smiling faces. We talked about any and everything, something we hadn't been able to do in awhile due to all of our schedules. I am absolutely elated that they will be in Las Vegas soon for a good long visit. It's been over two years since we have hugged them, and rest assured that we will be hugging for a long time!

I love these two so much. Clint and I have been lucky to have had a special relationship since we met. I am so thankful for his friendship, for the long talks, for the openness we share. In a way, I think of him more as a brother than a stepson, and I am so thankful for our connection. How lucky he was to have found Arlene, and how lucky we are to have her in our family. I thank God every day for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet