Thursday, January 20, 2011

Breakfast with Friends

Written January 19, 2011 on a plane somewhere over Iowa...

Is there anything better than sharing a meal with a friend? Two people, sitting across a table from each other, enjoying good food and great friendship. Over the last few weeks, I have shared many of these meals...and I feel so very lucky to have done so.

Thus, I am thankful today for an early morning breakfast with my dear friend. I am thankful for blueberry pancakes and yogurt crepes, for listening and honesty, for debriefing and laughter. It is rare to find such friends that you share so much in common, but after a week in Haiti, I feel fortunate to have several of these friends... Friends to share joy and laughter. Friends to cheat at cards and act silly. Friends that can lay it all out on the line and not feel the least embarrassed. I am one very lucky gal, and so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet