Sunday, January 30, 2011

Early Morning & Smart Cars

Friday was a crazy traveling day. When arriving at the airport and seeing that my 7:00am flight was delayed four hours, I was tempted to cancel the trip and stay home! However, I persevered and went on with the day. After arriving in Dallas (instead of Denver), only to see my next flight delayed, I began to laugh, as it was truly turning into somewhat of a comedy! The kicker came in the Nashville airport. My ride had left several hours earlier, and to make it to the conference, I needed a rental car. No big deal, right? I simply asked for something small and cheap! (Mental note: Never do that again!) I walked to spot #76 in the garage, and this is what I found... A blue and silver smart car. Have you ever seen something so small in your life?! And I would be driving this in the dark, on the interstate, and then on a gravel road in the woods? Being the adventuresome one that I am, I met the challenge... Three hours later, I arrived at my destination with only slightly frayed nerves and thankful to be out of the small car!

Today began when the alarm went off at 2:00am. After a quick jump in the shower, packing up the bags, and loading that very small smart car, I was on the road by 2:30am to get to the Nashville airport for a 5:45am flight home. Driving a smart car, especially when you're used to a Xterra, is quite the "treat". It drives more like a box on wheels. It does provide much time for prayer, as you are constantly praying to God that you will not die on the highway! Thankfully at 2:30am, there is not much traffic.

Above all, I am thankful to be back home with my husband. With the early morning and the time zone differential, I was on my couch in my PJs by 10:30am...just in time to catch Duke basketball loss! Between that and the UNC win yesterday, and the impending excitement of the road trip to San Diego tomorrow, I can barely contain myself!

Grace & peace!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh-- i'm laughing so hard reading this. =) I love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet