Thursday, January 6, 2011

Phone Calls, Plumbers & Painters

God blessed me with an enormous amount of joy today. It was hard to think of one thing to write about...and then I thought, "Who said I could only write about one thing?!"

The thankful list is long today...

1 - Plumbers & Painters - I am thankful for the 7 men who came in and out of our house today to finish repairing our leak. We had a plumber, a tiler, a baseboard painter, a drywall painter, a carpet man, and two dishwasher supervisors. It was chaotic at best, but our house is completely put back together, and it looks brand new! Oh wait...it is a brand new house... Nevertheless, I could not be happier!

2 - The Navy is back in business after a break for Christmas and New Years. I absolutely adore my recruiter. He is so good about answering my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner, and he has guided me every step of the way. I am thankful for his patience and his kindness. With any luck, if God will hurry along other paper work, I could potentially go in front of the interview board in February! Wow...

3 - Emails and phone calls were abundant today, as the trip to Haiti draws near. The excitement is brewing, and nerves are building! Just a few more days! I am so very thankful for the opportunities God continues to give me to work with His children in Haiti.

4 - There could be a job on the horizon! A wonderful phone call came today... I believe that will be a story for another time, however, as I continue to pray upon the possibility and seek God's wisdom. At the least, let me say that I was so very thankful for connections to be made and friendships to begin.

5 - Lastly, I am thankful for my Herndon Family! Tomorrow will be a great reunion of friends and family! I will hardly be able to sleep tonight!

God is good; all the time!

Grace & Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet