Sunday, January 9, 2011

#13

This episode is brought to you by the number 13!

My favorite number is 13. I love Friday the 13th. When I played basketball as a kid, I wore the number 13.  I've turned the unluckiest number into my good luck charm.

Originally, we were supposed to have 14 team members going to Blanket, Haiti. However, one member had something come up, and now we will be traveling with 13. When this happened, nothing but good things began to happen. Green Energy scheduled the solar panel installation; our circuit rider checked in and went to visit our site to begin set-up; the elections were postponed. All of this after we became a team of 13. A coincidence, I think not.

This afternoon, Elizabeth Block, Allison Fleig, Diana Grace and I went to watch a few boys play basketball.  We quickly noticed that our two boys (Brian Skinnell and Robert Arace), on opposite teams, were each wearing the number 13. We continuously yelled, "Go 13" during the entire game. Both number 13's had exceptional play time, especially on defense. I was thankful to watch the games, talk with the girls and see my favorite number 13 (both of them) out on the court!

It is no coincidence that my favorite Bible verse is found in the book of Philippians, chapter 4, verse 13. It reads, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." No matter the situation, no matter the place, no matter the things... I can do it with His strength. I am thankful for Him and for His encouragement and grace. Without Him, I am nothing.

In addition to the number 13, I am also thankful for two of the girls I mentioned in my blog yesterday -- Claire Harris and Jenna Hogan. Today in church, I had the blessing of sitting in between the two girls. We held hands, and Jenna and I took "notes" of the sermon together! Jenna later sent me an email saying, "I love you...and so does God!" I am so thankful for her words of wisdom!

Grace & Peace!

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, i love your blogs! they're so great :)

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet