Friday, January 7, 2011

Three F's - Faith, Friends & Family

On the airplane to northern Virginia today, I finished reading a book named "How Lucky Can You Be?!" It was a beautiful book about Coach Don Meyer. When he accepted the Jimmy V award for excellence at the Espys, he said the three most important things in his life were the three F's -- Faith, Family & Friends.

I am so thankful for these three things, but tonight I will focus on just one of the three... Friends.

Beginning with stepping into baggage claim, I knew how lucky I was. I am so thankful for my friend Carrie Delisio. She and I became friends and then family after I moved to Virginia! We have spoken everyday since I left, whether by twitter, email, skype, or other forms of communication. She and Anne Block, another wonderful friend, met me at the airport, and the joyful screams began!

Tonight my dear friends, Sally & Harry Block, threw a party to welcome me back to Herndon. Beginning at six, the door continued to open and friend after friend arrived. I have never felt so loved and thankful for a group of people. To say I am lucky is an understatement. What an amazing day!!

There is so much more to say, but my eyelids are heavy and my heart is full. Thank God for friends who are family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet