Thursday, January 27, 2011

Catching Up...

With the atrocious amount of writing required of my classes, I have fallen behind on the Thanksgiving Project! Many thanks to the beautifully observant Carrie Delisio for pointing this out to me!

Thus... this will be the "yesterday" post, and I will write today's thanksgiving later today.

Many things brought an attitude of gratitude today...

First, I have finally caught up with all of my classes. 500 pages of reading, check. 6 400-word essays written, check. Approval for one research paper and one project, check. I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of work that so quickly piled up after just a few days in Haiti. Now, I feel caught up, and I am so thankful to have found a routine to balance my studies and other responsibilities.

Second, as you know, I am a huge Tar Heel fan. UNC fell behind by 14 points early on in the Miami game last night. It looked as though we were doomed, as the baby blue boys usually give up. Last night, they fought and clawed their way back to a tied game as halftime sounded. They caught up, and it was beautiful. They came out blazing in the second half and won the game. Between the Florida/Georgia game the night before and the UNC/Miami game, my basketball need has been met!

Third, I am thankful for time with my husband. We were able to catch up and share a bonding moment over my chaplaincy recommendation! (Who knew he would have to write something, too?!)

Finally, I am thankful for the upcoming weekend! Not only will there be a trip to Nashville for a Living Waters Retreat, but upon my return one of my most favorite families will be in San Diego! I plan to hop over to see them....AND meet with the Naval Chaplain Board for my final interview! Oh, it will be a good weekend.

Thus, thank you, Carrie Delisio, for reminding me to be thankful...each and every day! You should have a post dedicated to YOU :)

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I should. My birthday is coming up! Just kidding, of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet