Friday, March 4, 2011

Anticipation

It was truly a great weekend with the boys. I had forgotten how much fun it was to have them both in the same house together! There was rowdiness and excitement, and the chicken pot pie was eaten in ONE sitting! Our final night with Clint & Arlene was spent at the MGM. We had never been there before, and it was so exciting to watch Clint win at blackjack, and Arlene jump up and down at "Deal or No Deal!" Truly wonderful memories were made, and I can hardly wait for the next time we're all together.

My "Boys"
With the boys gone it is uber-quiet in our house! Yesterday, I was able to knock out the final paper for this session of classes....all 3092 words! It feels like quite the accomplishment to have finished my first seminary classes, and I'm really looking forward to the next session starting when I return from Haiti.  On another front...still awaiting word from the Navy. Apparently my packet did not go in front of the board on Wednesday, and it's scheduled now for the first Wednesday in April. Hurry up and wait... Goodness.

Now that the boys have left, the final paper is turned in for school, and the packing is complete, I am left with great anticipation! Sunday will begin the adventure to Haiti! For the first time in awhile, I am wee bit nervous about the trip! Perhaps it is because I am not "in charge!" Perhaps it is because I am traveling with a couple of guys that I have never traveled with before. Perhaps I am unsure of spending a month in Haiti. Whatever the case, I know that God is with me, and I have a HUGE amount of Prayer Partners engulfing me with love and care. I am so thankful to each one who will be joining me on this mission trip, and I can already feel your prayers. 

Two days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet