Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home!

There's no place like home, there's no place like home! No, I haven't turned into Dorothy, but I did click my heels many times on Friday to make sure I got home! It was a long day of standby flights and being a the mercy of the airlines, but God provided and I am back in Vegas.

Though I do consider Haiti a second home, I was so happy to be back in my own bed with my dear husband and enjoying the comforts of my own home. I was thankful to finally be clean and free of dirt on my hands and feet. I was thankful to put on clean clothes without dust from the outdoors. I was thankful to turn on a faucet and have clean water coming out to brush my teeth. I was thankful to flip a light switch in the middle of the day and have the electricity come on. I was thankful to put toilet paper into the toilet and flush. I was thankful to enjoy a cheeseburger and french fries. I was thankful to turn on a television and watch basketball all day!

My body alarm clock has still not adjusted back to pacific time, and I was awake early this morning. This prompted me to attend the traditional worship service down the road at the local Methodist Church. As I walked in, the front of the bulletin said, "Jesus is the Living Water." I smiled so big and wide. What divine spirit led me to this church?! The first Psalm reading was Psalm 95, which I quoted just a few days ago from Haiti. It was as if the service was planned with me in mind. I was thankful to worship in English and hear the Good News.

I miss my Haitian brothers and sisters already, but I am thankful to be home to receive the rest and relaxation that my body needs and to receive a spiritual renewal to prepare me for the next adventures. How great is our God?!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you and the team you served with for being "Jesus with flesh" to the people of Haiti yet again. I could not be more proud of you as both a Christian and a friend. I have loved keeping up through this blog, and I eagerly await your next adventure! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl, thank you so much! I think I may have to wait awhile for the next adventure! My body isn't as young as it used to be :) Much love to you & Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet