Friday, March 18, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 13 ~ Friday, March 18


Prayer Partners of the Day - Tim & Teresa Myrick

Lucky number 13! It's the thirteenth day of our trip, and thirteen happens to be my lucky number! How lucky I am have my best pal, Tim, praying for us today. Tim (and others) have been giving me hourly updates on the NCAA tournament! You know I must love Haiti and clean water if I'm missing March Madness! Thank you, Tim, for fulfilling my basketball need!


We were in Leogane today to install System #4! Would you believe we had the system mounted and plumbed completely by lunchtime? However, following lunch and after a trip to the hardware store and the bank, we hit a snag on the electrical system. It's now 6:09pm, and we are happy to report that the system is up and running without a hitch! For a treat, we were treated to ice cream at the only ice cream store in Haiti! And oh, was it good!

Other items of interest today... While awaiting Bob and Bertone at the bank, we witnessed a parade of motorcycles that were campaigning for a senator. Also, Bertone & I taught the education class to four teachers and 50 students. Can't wait to post the video of the children singing the "Use This Water" song!

Another point of interest... As we were installing the electrical wire, we heard sounds of Justin Bieber music. Sure enough, in the lot next door, there were a hundred kids and a bunch of missionaries playing music & singing & dancing. They were from an organization called "All Hands" and were dedicating their newly built school.


We're fighting the traffic now to  make it back before dark. While Ancy is not with us, he did call to check on us today! What a good brother he is!

Another glorious day in Haiti, and we give all the thanks to those who have prayed us through and God who has answered those prayers. Peace be with you!

------
This just in... Exiled President Aristide has returned to Haiti... Our team is safe & sound up in the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ashley. My Mom passed along your blog site...have been so excited to read about the trip as the updates from my Dad are short and the main purpose of his phone call(s) are to let us know he's safe and healthy. So it is nice to read your details!

    Great documentary on the trip and glad to read all is going well. I am anxious to see a picture of Lucy (who I hear loves the Nook!). Tell Dad we are all well, had a warm couple days here in Erie, PA, and will miss him tomorrow (Saturday) to celebrate my daughter's 4th b-day. Will look forward to reading more from you in the last week of the trip...

    Chrissie (Arnold) Estok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie! I'm so glad you're reading! I find this is a great way to keep our family and friends up to date on our daily happenings! Pass it along to the rest of your family! Chuck sends big hugs! And happy birthday Carly!!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet