Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 3 ~ Tuesday, March 8

Prayer Partner of the Day: Becky Memmelaar

Let me first start off by saying that last night, I could not sleep because I was....COLD! Who gets cold in Haiti!??? Well, I did. We're up in the mountains and sure enough it got chilly!

Oh wow. What a first day at the monastery! We were awakened this morning at 5:00am to ready ourselves for morning prayer, which began at 5:30! Since I'm not catholic, nor do I speak creole, I was lost. But, it gave me an excellent opportunity to lift up my prayer partner today, Becky Memmelaar!

We went to see the clinic they are rebuilding nearby. The view from the top of the mountain was absolutely gorgeous. Actually, I stood in awe for many minutes, not being able to speak, but only to give thanks for such beauty that only our God could create. The mountains, the ocean, the green. Simply amazing. I was so thankful to have been standing there in that moment.

After breakfast, we got to work. Our goal was to pre-build at least two, if not three, of the water systems. Our team of three, plus three local Haitians teamed up, and by 4:30pm, we finished FOUR systems! Tomorrow  we will have a light work day, as we simply need to complete the fifth board.

Big memory of the day...I used a drill! It was pretty fantastic! Tomorrow Ancy will come! While I've spoken to him on the phone several times, I haven't seen him yet! It will be a great day!!

Hopeful to bed early this evening! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet