Saturday, March 12, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 7 ~ Saturday, March 12

Prayer Partners of the Day - Everludis Lopez and the Cook Family


Paul Farmer, the founder of Partners in Health, wrote a book about Haiti called Mountains Beyond Mountains. Today, I am on top of a mountain, which is just beyond the mountain I was on top of yesterday. And I'm staying on yet another mountain top. It truly is a country of mountains beyond mountains beyond mountains, and it's absolutely beautiful.

Today we were in Fondwa, just outside of Leogane. We are installing system #2 at the Saint  Anthony's Sisters monastery/orphanage/school. The sisters are beautiful, and they speak wonderful English. It was a special day, as the General Superior of the brothers of Saint Therese was here. (And a apparently that is a big deal!) Many priests came for a meeting, along with several other non-profit chiefs. It was a big feast; we even had cake!

This monastery/school/orphanage was completely destroyed by the earthquake. They are just now starting to recover. The system is up on the board, minus a water meter & filters... We packed the truck late last night and forgot a few things :) However, we've hit a bit of a problem. There is apparently no water, and in reality, that's not a bit of a problem, but rather a large problem. We are looking on the positive side though and are praying that the problem will be fixed. If not, there are plenty of other places in need of a clean water system.


I was so thankful to have wonderful people lifting me and our team in prayer yet again today. At the 5:00am wake-up call, they were already on my mind and we prayed specifically for Everludis, Fred, Julia, & Karen today. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful you've been a part of this journey with me! My other thanksgiving comes from finally having voice conversation with my dear husband! Skype is a wonderful thing!

All in all, it has been another blessed day in Haiti. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet