Friday, March 11, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 5 ~ Thursday, March 10

Armed & Dangerous!

Prayer Partners of the Day: Debby Burt & Barbara Shaffer

I have never been so happy to be a girl!! As I write this, all five boys (Chuck, Bob, Ancy, Bertone, & Elian) are outside sleeping and I am comfy, cozy in a bed, indoors, and still being treated like royalty!

Let me start from the beginning! At 4:55am this morning, Bob woke me up to begin our day. (This is definitely getting me ready for the Navy!) After a quick cold shower and cup of coffee, we were off to Jacmel to another monastery. The road was rough but the view was gorgeous. We arrived at the Spiritan Sisters monastery & school, surveyed our work area & building, and quickly decided we needed another water tank. Ancy & I went back down the road to Jacmel, and so the adventure began!

It was market day in this little mountain area (Lavoute), and it took us thirty minutes to make it through the market... When we made it to Jacmel, we took a few wrong turns! Finally at the hardware store, we caused a bit of a ruckus! We are not certain...but I may have been mistaken for a celebrity! Everyone had out their cell phones and took pictures of me! They gave me a rocking chair to sit in, right in the middle of the store. Ancy kept a close eye on me, of course, and 45 minutes later, we came away with our 300-gallon tank and various other parts. It was crazy!


Ancy took me to a beachside hotel...just so I could use a nice bathroom! It was absolutely gorgeous. The beach, the palm trees, the crystal blue ocean. Magnificent. (I will post pictures on facebook!) Again, I stood in awe at God's beautiful creation. Simply amazing.

When we returned, we sat down with the sisters to work out the covenant. It was a really wonderful time, just chatting and getting to know each other. Thank goodness for Ancy! He is the best translator there is! I do love my Haitian brother!

Clearly, my prayer partners, Debby & Barbara, worked overtime today! It is true when they say there is always something new each day in Haiti! Each day, no matter what that new thing is, turns into a blessing. I am so thankful to be here. I will continue to live each moment with joy and spreading the love that each of my prayer partners is giving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet