Monday, March 14, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 8 ~ Sunday, March 13

Prayer Partner of the Day - Dad



There are many things that I will want to remember today, as it has been an awe-inspiring day. It was first and foremost a day of rest. We did not work today, just worshipped and fellowshipped. We went to worship at a church, whose building was destroyed in the earthquake. They worship under tarps now, tied to pieces of wood. It was a beautiful service, led by Brother Olizard, who is also our host. During communion, it was very quiet, and up the center aisle came two white chickens, as if they, too, wanted to receive communion! I found it quite humorous!


Following worship, we visited Notre Dame Orphanage. The girls were beautiful and we picked up the directors for a St Vincent de Paul meeting. At this meeting, I was again amazed at how Haitians help Haitians. Those with little more than others are giving their time and money to minister to the needs and the people of their communities. Tears of joy and thanksgiving came to my eyes. These were beautiful people, who I will strive to imitate.

The best part of everyday, however, is returning to the monastery and having Lucy greet us at the gate! She is so excited to see us every night. Her mom is one of the cooks, so she is always here. Her smile is wide and big! My goodness, how she makes me smile every day!

Blanket update! For those who were awaiting an update on the Blanket water system, I will be going there on Thursday! I can hardly contain my excitement, and when I spoke with Pastor Evens today, he was just as excited!

Ancy is on his way back tonight. He will be with us through Thursday, which makes me very happy! Tomorrow we will go to Cafe Lompre to begin work on system #3, and we hope to return to Fondwa on Wednesday to finish the system there...if they have their problems worked out.

Election update... The presidential election will be held next Sunday. Please be in Prayer that this will go smoothly and peacefully!

Again, I am so thankful for each of you who have partnered with us in prayer, especially those who have prayed without ceasing. Clearly my father's prayers were more directed to us today, as he could not pull the Tar Heels through to victory! I love you, Dad!

Peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet