Sunday, March 6, 2011

Haiti Trip ~ Day 1 ~ Sunday, March 6

Did you know that you can't get to Haiti in one day from the west coast? Or at least that's what American Airlines tells me! Today the adventure begins, and though I will only make it as far as Dallas today, I consider today the first day of trip #5 to Haiti. The bags are packed, all 150 pounds of supplies, and now we are watching the clock tick away until time to go to the airport.

Tomorrow I will leave Dallas and meet up with my two pals, Chuck Arnold and Bob McCoy. It's a very light team, and we will have a lot of work cut out for us, as we install FIVE clean water systems.

Each day, someone has graciously agreed to pray for me, my trip-mates, and our work. Today's Prayer Partner is Carl Jones, my former Youth Pastor. I feel pretty honored to have him praying for me, and perhaps this is why the feelings of anxiety have vanished to be replaced with excitement and peace. Thank you, Carl, and thank you to everyone who will be praying for our trip. Though I wish you could all come with us, I cannot wait to share the stories and tell you how you were a part of each day.

Bon Voyage, and I hope to update you as much as possible!

God is good...all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet