Tuesday, May 3, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 1

Theme of the day: My Favorite Song

This is a very, very hard song to pick. I have so many "favorite" songs or songs I love. Since this is my blog and I can make my own rules, I'll pick five of my favorite songs.

Here they are...five very, very different songs that I love, in no particular order...

Tim McGraw - "Something Like That"
Are there any better lyrics? "I had a barbecue stain on my white t-shirt, she was killin' me in that mini-skirt." Oh I love it and will sing it to the top of my lungs while I'm running along the treadmill.




Jimmy Buffett - "Frank & Lola"
This comes from Jimmy's "Last Mango in Paris" album. It's also featured on his greatest hits compilation, "Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads." It tells a story, and I love a song that tells a story.




Matthew West - "You Are Everything"
While Chris Tomlin or Third Day may be my favorite Christian bands, Matthew West delivers my favorite Christian song.




Beach Boys - "Forever"
John Stamos, or Uncle Jesse, made this song famous on Full House, but Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys wrote and sang this song originally. I was honored to hear John Stamos perform it live with the Beach Boys at Wolf Trap in August 2009. The lyrics are simply gorgeous... "If every word I said could make you laugh, I'd talk forever..."




Taio Cruz - "Dynamite"
I LOVE this song. There is no song that will put a smile on my face quicker than this song. It may be because of the people it reminds me of, but this song is an instant pick-me-up.




So these are just five of my favorite songs. I have many, many more, but five seemed like more than enough for today. Afterall, there are 49 more days left to this challenge, and I look forward to delving even further into my music collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet