Tuesday, May 24, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 22

Theme of the Day - A song I listen to when I'm sad

That's it. I'm changing it up. No more categories for emotions. Today, instead, the category will be the American Idol finale!

From the first part of the season, I picked Scotty McCreery & Lauren Alaina as my favorites. Clearly, my newfound country music fascination was prevailing. Wouldn't you know it, both Scotty AND Lauren made it to the finale!! I've slightly favored Scotty over Lauren, but I cannot wait to buy each of their first albums. Scotty knocked my socks off with Check Yes or No, and Lauren's third song, what will be her first single if she wins, was amazing and full of emotion. I actually wept.

The friendship between the two contestants is evident, as well. They seem to have a mutual admiration for each other and respect for the other's talent. What if you were up for the "American Idol" title and definite record contract? Would you love your competition enough to encourage them and love them? That is a Christlike trait, one I hope I can embody in my life, which makes me admire the two youngsters even more.

Here is one of my favorite moments between the two of them this season... I simply loved their duets! Much luck to them both as they continue to grow...and sell MANY records!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet