Friday, May 13, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 11

Theme of the Day - song from my favorite band

I am feeling in a Beach Boys kind of mood today. It's absolutely gorgeous outdoors, and while I wish I was sitting under a palm tree at the beach with a Prestige beer, sitting on my porch with a cup of coffee on the bench my husband just bought will do!

The Beach Boys are one of my all-time favorite bands. They are the only band I have heard in concert not just once, not just twice, but multiple times. The first time I saw them, all of the original members, except Dennis, were still with the group, and other than the fact that they got lost and were two hours late, it was a perfect concert. As I've written before, John Stamos joined the group for the concert in northern Virginia, and it was magnificent. The Beach Boys have a number of great tunes - California Girls, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Good Vibrations, I Get Around, Forever. There really are too many to list. Today, for my favorite, I will go with God Only Knows. This song comes from their 1966 album "Pet Sounds." The melodies, the vocal harmonies, and the soulful lyrics make this song a classic.


1 comment:

  1. A great song from the greatest album ever recorded. And that is not just hyperbole. Paul McCartney feels the same way...

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet