Friday, May 6, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 5

Theme of the Day - Songs that remind me of someone

There are so, so many songs that remind me of the Herndon United Methodist Church Youth. Last summer, especially, they introduced me to the whole new world of R&B. Usher, Taio Cruz, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Trey Songz...the list goes on and on. They have forever influenced my musical tastes.

So...Allison, Elizabeth, Diana, Shane, Sam, Parker, Erin, Kathleen, Joel, Emily, Sarah...I think of y'all all the time, basically anytime a song comes on the top-40 radio station! I miss you so much! Thank you for forever influencing my musical tastes!

My two interns, Claire & Sean, also had an impact on my music library. They are responsible for giving me most of the 4000 songs in my iTunes library! Claire introduced me to Ted Leo & the Pharmacists and JET and Franz Ferdinand. Sean gave me jewels, such as Jamie Cullum, Jason Mraz, and Josh Wilson.

For the specific song of the day, though, I will go with Fireflies by Owl City. Any time I hear this song, I think immediately of Isabel Eaddy, pull out my phone, and text her to let her know I'm thinking of her! I'm not quite sure why I associate the song with her, other than she played it at the Spring Fling last May...but I think of her every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet