Saturday, May 7, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 6

Theme of the Day - A song that reminds you of somewhere

God of This City by Chris Tomlin will forever be connected in my mind with Haiti. Every night in March 2010, as I fell asleep in my tent in Port-Au-Prince, I played this song. After the images I had seen throughout the day, the people I met, and the rubble surrounding us, these were the only words that brought me comfort and hope. In January, we used this song as part of the sermon delivered at Blanket Baptist Church, as we celebrated the one-year anniversary of the earthquake. As we read the words, the people resounded with applause and affirmations. They knew greater things are still to come in their city because of they believe in the one true God.

So hear these words, and remember the people of Haiti...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet