Wednesday, May 25, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 23

Theme of the Day - a song played at our wedding

Oh the memories! Bob Spencer & Linda Selleck played the guitar, flute & harp during our wedding, and the beautiful Sarah Selleck Kessler sang. The music being played as I walked down the aisle was the wedding march in the Sound Of Music! This combined my favorite movie with our special day.

Bob also took many of the poems John had written me during our courtship and turned them into a song he and Sarah sang during the ceremony. It was happily entitled How Beautiful You Are. It gave me goosebumps, and in fact, it came up on my iPod today as I was driving through Hot Springs National Park.

Dear Randy Cockerham, who has sadly passed away, was the DJ at our wedding reception held at the Atrium Furniture Showroom. High Point is the "Furniture Capital of the World," and this was a unique venue. Fun fact...ours was the last wedding reception held at the Atrium! Randy put together quite the play list, though I only remember a couple of the songs played. As mentioned before, we had our first dance as husband and wife to the Temptations rendition of Night and Day. My dad and I danced to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle, and my youth group came out onto the floor and we danced to The Twist! It was quite precious!

My favorite memory came as Rainbow Connection, as sung by Kermit the Frog, was played. How many people can say Kermit sang at their wedding reception?! It was a priceless moment. Check out Kermit below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet