Monday, May 9, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 8

Theme of the Day - a song you know all the words to


I am infamous for making up words to songs, as I never actually know the all words to any song! There are a few Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett and, of course, 'NSync songs I do know 99% of the words to... For this particular song category, "All Out of Love" by Air Supply will be the pick of the day.

This song brings back many memories, starting with Quaker Lake Camp. The girls staff introduced me to Air Supply, and they quickly became a favorite band for life! This song also made an appearance in a trip to Mexico with Living Waters For The World. I was traveling in a car with my friends Karen and Mark, and with my handy-dandy iTrip, I played this song over the radio. Mark, who was driving, detested Air Supply and my singing...and he stopped the car and insisted I change the song. We were sitting at the bottom of a hill, uneasily seen by other drivers. It was a priceless (scary) moment, but it made an impact on all of us. On my last Sunday at ChristChurch Presbyterian, Mark had this song played during the church service on none other than the church organ. The congregation sang along, and it is a priceless moment that I will remember for the rest of my life!

Check it out... Air Supply, "All Out of Love"...

2 comments:

  1. I've been with you up until today, but...Air Supply? Really? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's because you couldn't find a video for Lahina or The George Fox Song. :) I'm loving this series, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on now, Carl! You know you love Air Supply! Okay okay, so The George Fox Song may have been more appropriate. Check out the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbu3uUFo2X8

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet