Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prayer Partners, Summer Haiti Mission Trip

What's the most important thing you take with you on a mission trip? PRAYER PARTNERS!

Next Monday, June 27, I'll once again be hitting the road (er, plane) to Haiti. I am so thankful to meet up again with my good pals, Chuck and Bob, and we'll be installing a Living Waters For The World clean water system at Sister Claudette's in Leogane, Haiti. My excitement level is through the roof for several reasons...

Ancy, my Haitian brother
First, I will be arrive almost a full day before the rest of my team. My dear Haitian brother, Ancy, will be picking me up at the airport, and we'll be venturing into Port-Au-Prince and beyond to follow up on a few surveys and connections. I am so excited to spend the day with him!

I can't wait to see Lucy!
Second, we'll be once again staying with the Little Brothers of St. Therese in Palmiste-Au-Vin. This was our home for our month-long trip in March. I cannot wait to see little Lucy and reunite with the brothers. When I say going to Haiti is like going home, it really is true.

Finally, I love partnering with friends and family in prayer, and this mission trip once again gives me the opportunity to do so. During the March trip, I was thankful to have at least one prayer partner each and every day. (See older blog posts - Prayer Partners and Prayer Partners, Part #2.) This allowed so many people to be a part of our mission trip, even though they could not physically be with us. God connected us for a month, and through Him, we were strengthened and our mission was a success.

Once again, I am hopeful to have a list full of prayer partners for our trip. While we'll only be gone 9 days, we will need your encouragement with every passing minute. It will be HOT and our work will be long! Your prayers will lift us up!

Who would like to join us as a Prayer Partner? We'll, of course, be praying for YOU, too!

Monday, June 27 - Carl Jones
Tuesday, June 28 - Carrie Delisio
Wednesday, June 29 - Emily Ronis
Thursday, June 30 - Sally Block
Friday, July 1 - Barb Black & Sarah Anderson
Saturday, July 2 - Barbara Shaffer & Lorri Ronis
Sunday, July 3 - Becky Field-Ross & Cook Family
Monday, July 4 - Sean Devolites & Diana Grace
Tuesday, July 5 - Jay Horstman

1 comment:

  1. Ask & ye shall receive! Thank you so much, Prayer Partners!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet