Wednesday, June 1, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 29

Theme of the Day - Song from my childhood


My parents used to sing one song to me all the time... It goes like this...

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away!

My dad also made up a song that he sang to me often...

A is for the apple of my eye
S is for the sweetness of her face
H is for the happiness we bring her
L is for the love we give to her
E is for the effort that she does so well
Y is for the youngness of her soul
Put them all together they spell Ashley...
Ashley we do love you so!

Yes, I can still hear my dad singing that song to me! He is definitely one of the most creative men I know! What a great memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet