Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Haiti Mission Trip ~ Day 2

Prayer Partner of the Day ~ Carrie Delisio

Greetings from Haiti! I am always amazed at how it really is like coming home here. I must admit, though, I was nervous as can be knowing I had to walk out of the airport by myself. There is usually a mob of people simply waiting to descend upon you as you exit the doors. I thought immediately of my prayer partner, Carrie, who assured me I would breeze right thru this, and as I said a prayer, a man appeared, holding a sign saying, "Ashley! I am Ancy's cousin! You can trust me!" He carried me thru the mob and brought me safe to Ancy on the other side of the fence. I was very thankful!

Our reunion was just like a brother & sister who had not seen each other in ages! We've talked for a solid 10 hours. 

Ancy & I took a road trip to Mirebalais to do a site survey for a potential installation. If ever there were a textbook site and partner, this would be it. They're a perfect fit for a solar-powered water system...and maybe more! With any luck (hint, hint, nod, nod) this will be the next project for Herndon United Methodist Church.

As though we were in a small town, we ran into Mannes and his son, and also Father Fruitho Michaud of Trouin. Also, after we dropped off Ancy, we ran into Pastor Evens on his brand new motorcycle! Apparently he lives right by Ancy...

Other notes of interest from the day ....

For all the HUMC & CCP readers, I inquired about the goats. Pastor Evens was happy to report Leonie is pregnant...but Ashley is not!

We stopped by to see Father Irnel at his home in Port Au Prince. He is very sick, very weak. Seeing him in such a state made me very sad and worried for him. He is not well at all.

Our team is now complete, with the arrival of Bob, Bob's wife Kathy, Chuck and another fella named James. We've arrived in Palmiste Au Vin, warmly greeted by the brothers, and after snuggling into "my room", it really does feel like we're back at home.

Carrie, a special shout out to you for your encouraging text messages today and your unconditional love and support. This one's for you.... And iiiiiiiiiiii!

Peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet