Thursday, June 16, 2011

50 Day Song Challenge - Day 45

Theme of the Day - a song of your favorite movie


My favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music! It just so happens that the cast of The Sound of Music, all seven children plus Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer, were on Oprah yesterday. Hearing them tell "backstage stories" and the insiders' views made me want to watch the movie all over again....for the 75th time! In fact, I don't really need to even watch the movie...I can recite it from beginning to end! 


Rodgers & Hammerstein wrote such an amazing score to the movie. Everyone knows My Favorite Things, Sound of Music, 16 Going on 17, The Lonely Goatherd, and, of course, Do-Re-Mi. What great, great music!


Edelwiess is my favorite song from the movie. I love the scene where Christopher Plummer plays the guitar in front of the children and his oldest daughter joins him in signing... Oh, and when the family sings it again before going on the run! Oh I just love the movie and the songs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet