Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Haiti Mission Trip ~ Day 1

Prayer Partner of the Day ~ Carl Jones


When the alarm clock went off a bit before 3:00am this morning, I glared at it with an "are you kidding" me look?!" Then I remembered I was starting my journey to Haiti today! I wish I could tell you that sprung me into action, but at least I had a slight smile on my face as I slowly readied myself.

My prayer partner joined me in the early morning, thanks to his dog, and he provided the right words of encouragement right as I was on the verge of meltdown in the security line! His affirmation put my attitude back on track and then I found my husband, coffee AND Rick Pitino! Life would have only been better had it been Roy Williams instead of Pitino! Nevertheless, it was pretty neato!

The flight was uneventful. Naps occurred at the hotel, and now I'm enjoying fine dining before bedtime! It'll be an early night with an early morning, but knowing my dear Haitian brother, Ancy, will be awaiting me, it's well worth it! Tomorrow is a very full day! I'm so excited!

Peace be with you! Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet